X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminoma

Hi guys. My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer(pure seminoma) He had 20 cm tumor pushing the kidney in a retroperetonium lymph nodes. We did 3 cycles of BEP and recently did a PET scan which showed 2 lymph nodes are still there 4.7 cm and 2.7. Now they want to perform RPLND and remove the kidney,remove aorta and part of the colon. Its a very risky surgery. I do not understand wht with seminoma chemo didnt work. Its either we needed 4 cycles or the dosage was wrong. Anybody can rely and share anything with me?! Thank you

A 20cm tumor is quite large, I would want an expert to weigh in on this. Consider emailing Doc E to get his opinion
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I agree that the 20cm is large and not sure of the timing of the PET on if the nodes will shrink further. If he is not being seen in a center of excellence, then I would see about reaching out for one of their opinions. Our friends at the TCRC keep an expert list at: http://thetcrc.org/experts.html

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Contacted Dr Einhorn. He said not neccessary its a cancer but scar tissue. Advised to repeat blood work bc hcg was 11.96. Flying to Dana Farber to see if I can talk to his collegue Dr Chris Sweeney. I hope he will need a survillience,otherwise the next step is a high dose

Comment

Sounds like a great plan. Chris Sweeney is a top TC doc and a wonderful human as well. You are in great hands with him.

Mike

Originally posted by Beauty20201 View Post
          Contacted Dr Einhorn. He said not neccessary its a cancer but scar tissue. Advised to repeat blood work bc hcg was 11.96. Flying to Dana Farber to see if I can talk to his collegue Dr Chris Sweeney. I hope he will need a survillience,otherwise the next step is a high dose
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Unfortunately ,Dr Sweeney is booked till September. No way to see him. Im gonna see watever doctor is Im scheduled with and see whats gonna happen. I cam mention to him abt Dr E and Dr Sweeney but its not a fact he will want to communicate. I just dont want more chemo amd hopefully those lymph node will continue shrinking

Comment

I would keep Doc E informed as things progress, please keep us posted as you learn more
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Did blood work in DanaFarber.hcg raised 42.6 ldh 530.Next step is high dose chemo or surgery. Anybody went through hdct?

Comment

Working...
                X