X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikef723 View Post
    Hi Gilly I read your posts in the other thread regarding your treatment. Sounds like you're a little less than a week behind me. I had my I/O two weeks ago tomorrow. A week after surgery I got my staples out and ever since then I have begun to feel significantly better. The hematoma I spoke of here has shrunk noticeably, the swelling is down, and I am getting around quite close to normal. I can definitely appreciate your concerns of the body returning to normal as I had the same thoughts in the days right after surgery. I'm finally starting to feel good enough to realize I'll be good as new very soon. Give it a few days and you'll be there too.
    Mike...glad you're doing good....I'm a little over a week now and still VERY sore....I guess everyone heals different I was just hoping for as much normal time time before I start chemo....
    19 Nov 09 Dx Metastaic Seminoma
    25 Nov 09 Right I/O....Primary tumor burned out
    Stage IIB
    4 JAN 10 - 2 MAR 10 3XBEP
    7 APR 10 All Clear....Surveillance

Comment

I was hoping to get my CT scan results today to find out if they would be recommending chemo or radiation but didn't hear anything. My urologist said that based on my results thus far (2.3cm seminoma tumor with no other invasions, tumor markers normal) if my CT scan came back good they would recommend surveillance. In everyones experience, is that pretty typical?
      11/20/09 - Left I/O
      11/27/09 - Results: 2.3cm seminoma tumor
      12/3/09 - CT Scan
      12/7/09 - Results: All Clear!
      8/2010 - Follow Up: All Clear!
      3/2011 - Follow Up: All Clear!

Comment

Yes, surveillance is a proven strategy for stage I seminoma. Have you had a chance to talk through all options (including radiation therapy and single-agent carboplatin)?
        Scott, scott@tc-cancer.com
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your support helps Livestrong fix the problems that people with cancer face every day. Please give generously!

Comment

My urologist spoke with me about radiation as a possibility but said that Harvard studies are now suggesting increased risk for recurrence or other cancers as a result of the radiation. Thus, in cases like mine they are recommending surveilance as the most preferred option. I have not been briefed at all about carboplatin. With that said, am I better suited discussing all of this with an oncologist or should I take my urologists word?
          11/20/09 - Left I/O
          12/3/09 - CT Scan

Comment

I stand fully behind surveillance, but I'd still talk through all your options with your oncologist.
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your support helps Livestrong fix the problems that people with cancer face every day. Please give generously!

Comment

Just an update as I received my CT scan results which were all clear! My urologist discussed one round of chemo, radiation and surveillance options and again recommended surveillance which I am going to go with.
              11/20/09 - Left I/O
              12/3/09 - CT Scan

Comment

Great news and good plan! Full speed ahead.

Comment

Finding this thread was a relief. I have a hematoma that is growing bigger (3 weeks and counting since I/O) and is now as big or bigger than the former testicle! Still a long way off from baseball sized!

Morgan
                  7/2010: stage 1B mixed NSGCT. Left I/O + 1X BEP. TRT (pellets). All clear as of 8/2012

Comment

Thanks for the info! Almost two weeks since my I/O and thought my testical grew back when I woke up this morning. No warning received from my Urologist that this might happen. Thanks Everyone.

Comment

I can't believe it has been 11 years since this all transpired for me, but for anyone else who is going through a bout with TC, hopefully my journey can help to uplift. Because I was able to catch it early, I've had no recurrence and after five years my urologist told me to come back one more time for a full work up (CT Scan, Chest X-Ray and bloodword) at the 8 year mark. I did that a little over two years ago and I no longer need any follow ups. Additionally, despite concerns after surgery about being able to start a family, on August 20th 2019, my wife and I welcomed a baby girl into our lives. At the time this was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Looking back, it's a small blip on the radar. I can only hope the same for everyone else going through this.
                      11/20/09 - Left I/O
                      12/3/09 - CT Scan

Comment

Working...
                      X